Saturday, February 7, 2015

2014th Year of the Kings, 8th Sun since the Fall of House Atrius

Entry from Lady Sarrelia of Atrius

Dear Reader,

I am writing this now in case I...we don't make it out, we don't succeed on this task of utmost importance.

People need to know what is happening in the land of Athas at this time...to know what The Sorcerer Kings are capable of and of their corruption and their oppression of all of us.  One might consider this the beginning of a revolution.  I do hope that some future generation will read this and stop this from happening again.


My traveling companions include:
  The battle-maiden, Hrist, of other wordly powers.  Notable for her ability to close the wounds of others.
  The elven assassin from a mysterious brotherhood.  He is called Muidos. He is quick and deadly as the shadows.
  Dax, the ex-Templar, and his son Cam came with us from Tyr.  Sadly Dax has been gravely injured, loosing an arm as we were beset from his old order.
  A gypsy was traveling with us, Madelina, but she is lost to us since our caravan was overrun by the Templar. We did not find her body and hope she still survives.
  The enigmatic traveler, Sirocco, who wields seemingly perserving arcane power.

We are about 5 days from Gulg now resting in a nomad encampment.  They were kind enough to allow us rest and replenish some of our supplies in exchange for the help we provided them in ridding them of the presence haunting them.

We travel there in the hope of finding members of the Veiled Alliance and seek audience with the Sorceress-Queen, Lalaila.  We will see if she is willing to give us aid, or ally with us, in our fight against the oppression of Kalak in Tyr.

The breaking point for me, the reason for this revolution, was the murder of my father Lord Atrius. He was distastly murdered in the streets. Not that any murder has taste. Some of his allies saw him and tried to discreetly bring him home to my family to say goodbye. 

Following his body was Scar (Hrist as I know her now). She came to be of aid when she saw. Surprisingly she did not ask to enter nor for an audience with the house family before making her way in. I know now that this is just her way, what she knows. She was not being rude or intrusive. Hrist has a good heart. 

My mother, The Lady Atrius, called for a meeting immediately knowing our family was in danger. Both my sisters and I sat quietly as she took her role as head of House and began planning our revenge. 

During this meeting it was revealed to me that my father, my house name, was a known opposer to the Sorcery King. My father worked hard to reverse many of the troubles Kalak introduced in society. That was why he was murdered. The order for his death came from Kalak himself. 

I had never felt so much sadness and rage as I did that evening. 

Then another was introduced to us, he seemed to appear straight out of the shadows, as if by magic. This man was Muidos. He was called upon by someone in House Atrius and was there to fulfill a contract.  A contract to kill the Sorcerer King. 

Hrist, Muidos, and my Mother talked openly as if only friends and agreed that Kalak must die. Revenge must be had. 

I was reluctant to agree. I was sure that death need not be the answer. We could finish my fathers work, carry out his dream.  I still plan to try to reason with Kalak. There must be good inside him somewhere. First we must prepare. 

The Sorcerer King did not stop at my father though. He has continued this vendetta to the name Atrius and those who will help us. We had to flee from Tyr for our safety. 
My mother was taken captive, she may have suffered my fathers fate. 
I am afraid my eldest sister was lost to the battle at the front gates. She bravely held of the Templar as we made our escape to the Undercity where we wagged war with the undead. 
My younger sister was snuck back into the city to live as a servant. Her best chance of survival is to live among the less fortunate rather then trek the dangers of the dessert.

All of us have lost dear friends in these 8 suns. More loss then I have ever experienced in my 25 years. 

My sorrow is more encompassing everyday. The sadness of the world continues to darken with each ally we burn.  ( we must burn them after we saw our friends transform into walking dead. It is the only way to save them from that fate). 

I am finding it harder to see the good in those we encounter. I must not allow my heart to sadden as the rest. 

My father continued to show good to the world. I must continue to share the hope. Show that things can be better. 

It is part of me. 
 It is my calling, my Duty. 

For I am House Atrius. 








No comments:

Post a Comment